Wyevale Nurseries will do this by complying with all government regulations set out by DEFRA and any other related legislation. In addition Wyevale Nurseries will work with regulatory and advisory authorities and industry peers to respond to potential new hazards as they arise.
In order to safeguard this aspect of our own and our customers Environments, the commitment to excellent standards of plant biosecurity will include the following steps:
• Education, involvement and commitment of staff in all areas of the business.
• Setting out operating procedures regarding plant health which take into account legal obligations, risk assessment and documented work practice.
• A commitment to continual improvement within the business.
• In order to be in the vanguard of the nursery trade we will set our standards high, to exceed minimum legal plant health requirements and be ready to curtail the range we offer if this is seen prudent.
• Adoption of the newly created Horticultural Trades Association`s Plant Health Management System (PHMS).
• The PHMS will set out objectives, procedures, performance indicators and be reviewed annually for necessary changes, improvements and to identify any shortcomings. Wyevale Nurseries performance will be recorded and monitored by external audit.
• The culture of care for plant health issues will range across all divisions of the Wyevale Nurseries business and be made known to suppliers, customers and specifiers.
Finally our policy shall be made available to all interested parties.