Wyevale Nurseries is a family business specialising in the production of top quality nursery stock for wholesale into the Amenity, Landscape and Retail markets.
Over recent years we have experienced a high level of growth, rapidly expanding and diversifying to continue to meet our ever changing markets and now operate at over four sites in Herefordshire.
This is an exciting time for Wyevale. We have ambitious plans for the future which include a determination to become one of the market leaders, to attract new audiences and implement innovative production techniques.
However, we remain a family business operating family values and recognise that our employees at the heart of our success. To ensure that our HR strategies and employee engagement remain at the forefront of our business aims, we are now looking for an experienced HR professional to join our leadership team and who will play a crucial role in our organisation’s future.
Our new HR Manager will be responsible for ensuring that we remain fully compliant with our statutory responsibilities and continue to operate current best practice. Design, development and implementation of formal HR strategies and programs will be an important element of the role as will be the monitoring and co-ordination of the programs once implemented.
Working closely with the management team will provide opportunities to influence the future HR strategy of the organisation to help to achieve our business objectives.
If you believe you possess the experience and attributes to be able to support our organisation through its next stage of growth and are looking for a role which provides an opportunity to develop and manage a comprehensive HR program to make a real difference, then we would like to hear from you.
A full description can be found below.
BACKGROUND TO THE INTRODUCTION OF THIS NEW KEY POSITION:
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ORGANISATION’S HR STRATEGY IN SUPPORT OF KEY BUSINESS OBJECTIVES. TO MANAGE AND DEVELOP CORE HR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ENSURING LEGAL COMPLIANCE AND TO PROVIDE A CENTRALISED HR ADVISORY SERVICE FOR MANAGERS AND STAFF.
• Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
• Support the achievement of current and future business needs through employee development, engagement, motivation and retention
• Ensure legal compliance and all statutory obligations are adhered to and fulfilled, including grievance and disciplinary
• Design and implement HR strategies and supporting processes and procedures across all the organizations sites ensuring consistency and required standards.
• Manage the recruitment and selection process for all sites in liaison with department managers
• Design implement and co-ordinate a performance appraisal system achieving high individual and organisational performance
• Ensure pay and remuneration structure provides fairness and consistency across the organisation
• Develop and implement revised pay and remuneration strategy
• Develop organisation’s training program ensuring training needs are identified and executed in line with training budget
• Develop and deliver in-house training programs as identified through the training needs analysis
• Design and implement management reporting program to senior management team in respect of effectiveness of and outputs from HR strategies
• Continually review the Company handbook to ensure employee policies and contract templates are up to date and fit for purpose both legally and culturally.
• Provide advice and guidance on day to day employee relations issues such as absence, conduct and capability.
• Ensure the monitoring and tracking of cyclical processes, e.g., annual appraisals, end of probationary periods, etc.
• Create, develop, implement and manage a talent pool to ensure career progression and succession planning
• Design and implement an absence management program ensuring that patterns of absence are addressed, that long term absence is managed, and that appropriate support is provided to enable return to the workplace
• Design and implement a formal performance management program ensuring that under performance is recognised, measured and addressed
• Nurture a positive working environment, including welfare and emotional support for managers and employees
• To project manage ad hoc HR related projects as identified
• To comply with Company environmental policy
• Any other reasonable duties as directed
• Proven experience in developing and implementing HR programs within SMEs
• People orientated, and results driven
• Proven experience of proactively supporting the business plan through recommending and implementing appropriate HR initiatives.
• In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
• Strong leadership and influencing skills
• Experience in project managing and implementing HR initiatives and programs
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise to support achievement of business objectives
• Demonstrable experience with HR metrics and management reporting
• Working knowledge of HR systems and databases
• Highly developed interpersonal skills – empathetic, with excellent listening skills and persuasion skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• Coaching skills
• Experience of designing and delivering training within budget
• Proactive in outlook, identifying areas for improvement and able to solve problems independently.
• Trustworthy and discreet with experience of dealing with information in a confidential manner and maintaining data security in line with the GDPR Regulations
• Excellent IT skills with a high level of proficiency in MS Office
• Experience of working with the IIP framework – desirable.
• Ideally, a car driver with full license.
Qualification: Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and/or CIPD qualified Resources
Part Time - 2 days per week or equivalent- Flexible working hours may be considered. For example, Term Time only, full days, part-days
Benefits: Holiday - pro rata basis (a number or which must be reserved for Christmas shut-down). Staff discount.
Please apply with your cv and a cover letter to – email@example.com or if you would like a confidential conversation beforehand please call Julie Bailey on 07967 646079